- Approximately 1/2 inch of muck is lost each year to water and wind erosion?
- There are 1,000,000 celery seeds in one pound?
- Our record seed-to-harvest for radishes is 18 days?
- Our average annual electric bill is over $250,000?
- The vegetable farms irrigate from a 75-acre reservoir·that holds 385,000,000 gallons of water?
- If combined, the vegetable farms in Celeryville would·be the third largest employer in Huron County?
- The Celeryville Conservancy District maintains over·seven miles of ditches
EACH YEAR, BUURMA FARMS PLANTS:
- Over 100,000,000 onion seeds?
- Over·1,000,000,000 radish seeds, and if planted in·one continuous row, would circumnavigate the world?
- Over 4,500,000 celery seedlings?
EACH YEAR, BUURMA FARMS USES:
- Over 30 tons of radish seed?
- Over 250 tons of lime to control pH?
- Over 1,000 tons of fertilizer?
- Over 3 tons of rubber bands and over 15,000,000 PLU tags?
EACH YEAR, BUURMA FARMS MAINTAINS:
- Over 150 licensed farm vehicles?
- Over 150 non-licensed tractors and wagons?
- Enough refrigeration units to air condition over·300 homes?
- One of the top rated migrant camps in the state of·Ohio?
- A migrant health clinic with the help of Community·Health Services and an area doctor to provide·free health care to area migrants?
- Over 50 two-bedroom apartments for its migrant·workers at no cost to the worker?